Reebok Floatride? Alpha balance 3.0? Lunar edge 2.0?
I’ll be the first to admit that the only shoe styles I could pick out of a lineup are Free Runs, Air Max Theas and Roshes. When it comes to running shoes, it’s almost impossible to decide between the hundreds of styles produced every month. Super soft or semi-soft padding? Ankle or arch support? Breathable or water resistant? Too many decisions!
That’s why we did our research and made all of the sorting very simple for you. So far, there are 10 running shoes this year that have stolen the show. With boosting features, new cushioning technology and a number of limited edition styles, we’ve found the best fit for you. Here are the GuavaPass recommended top 10 running shoes for 2017:
- Price: SGD$157.00
- Best feature: Incredible comfort
- Nikes have gained a reputation for being one of the most comfortable shoe brands with most of their styles being worn for comfort and style over technology. Because of this, the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33 may not be the most tech-savvy in terms of making your run more efficient but it is the most comfortable shoe to run hours in. With cushioning impact absorption and stretchy upper-foot fabric, this product is a great option for any runner.
- Price: SGD$160.90
- Best feature: Perfect for long distances
- This is the shoe that’s going to increase your max distance by kilometers! The extremely lightweight design of the New Balance Vazee Pace has a surprising amount of stability and strength. For less experienced runners, the padding can feel a bit light, but you’ll quickly get used to it. Long-term runners swear by the increased efficiency and longevity of their run when wearing these.
- Price: SGD$ 199.00
- Best feature: Adaptive technology for impact
- The Adidas Supernova Sequence 9 holds a whole lot of secret features that makes it one of the best running shoes of 2017. Firstly, the ‘Stretchweb’ technology adapts to how you hit the ground, ensuring a smaller impact and faster lift. The traditional ‘Adidas boost’ technology built into most of the Adidas line also gives this shoe additional support when taking off. It’s also designed to be used in both wet and dry conditions with a super-grip Continental™ Rubber outsole.
- Price: SGD$185.00
- Best feature: ‘M’ for ‘maximum cushioning’
- This option has had mixed reviews on a number of forums, but still comes into the top 10 running shoes of 2017 for a few reasons. The Asics 33-M2 has been quoted as the best shoe for maximum cushioning whilst still being lightweight. The deep flex grooves give it the stability other Asics 33 models would only dream of, but the flexibility is slightly more limited. As a result, you won’t go lightning speed but you will be able to go for hours.
- Price: SGD$120.00
- Best feature: Waterproof, cold proof, anything proof!
- This shoe is for the outdoor runner. Withstanding cold, heat and water is just the beginning of this shoe’s special features. It’s high-milage support and never-fail stability is coupled with very minimal weight with all additions considered. The Brooks Adrenaline ASR 12 GTX is more suited to heel strikers and for those who really stomp into their run.
- Price: SGD$236.00
- Best feature: Streamline design
- For the fast runners, sprinters and HIIT runners, this is your shoe. It’s built for speed and reaction. Your lift off will be more responsive with an integrated toe spring and your sprint will be faster with the no-sew material hugging to your foot. The extensive rubber outsole on the New Balance Fresh Foam Zante V3 is also more lightweight than other options, letting you go faster for longer.
- Price: SGD$192.00
- Best feature: Additional high-rebound cushioning
- Another perfect all-rounder running shoe is the Reebok OSR Harmony Road. This option is great for daily training, either indoors or outdoors. The soft landing design and heel to toe flexibility, combined with the cushioning in the heel, makes this an extremely forgiving shoe to run long distances in.
- Price: SGD$159.00
- Best feature: FlyteFoam
- For premium Asics shoes, FlyteFoam is one of the most important features. It’s their most lightweight material they’ve used to date and has(literally) won awards for its durability, speed and streamline design. Previously, this shoe didn’t incorporate this feature, but with 2017 came the much anticipated remodel, this time with the material. The result? The Asics Gel-DS Trainer 22 – a highly supportive shoe perfect for interval training and sprinters.
- Price: SGD$179:00
- Best feature: Ultimate heel support
- This brand new runner from Under Armour is the best blend of comfort and stability you’ll find in a shoe. As a runner, you know how important heel support is for longevity and avoiding injury. The Under Armour Charged Bandit 2 holds the foot as it runs rather than letting the food shape the shoe. The front of the shoe holds similar stability but has an extreme comfort level that you’ll have to feel it to believe it.
- Price: SGD$141.75
- Best feature: Boost foam + more
- Described as the ‘zero-gravity’ shoe, Adidas has pulled out all the stops for this one. The upper knit design is designed to mold to the top of your foot and give flexibility when needed. But in the base, there is no change in stability at any point throughout your run. The strong heel support and gradual fade towards the front lead your step towards the Adidas’ boost technology, giving you an unparalleled lightness in your step. This flexible yet stable shoe gives you the speed, comfort and strength required in both short interval training and long distance runs. Check out their colour options here!
Get articles like this straight to your inbox! Subscribe to the Daily Guava here!