Energy drained from a long day, the clock’s ticking past 9PM, and all I wanted was to end my day with a well deserved meal with an explosion of flavor but also one that will take the least amount of time and effort.
Voilà, my 5 minute artisanal sandwich was born!
I usually prefer using whole grain rye bread, but that night, I only had regular toast to go with from my pantry.
What You’ll Need:
- bread of choice
- water spinach (or any type of leafy green)
- chia seeds
- sundried tomatoes
- olives (either black or green)
- pinch pink sea salt (or regular)
- ground pepper
- powdered thyme
- powdered basil
- balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- Optional: choice of deli meat, butter, or fresh herbs instead of the powdered form
How To Make It:
Portion how many slices of bread based on whether you want to do an open face sandwich (1 slice) or regular sandwich (2 slices).
- Toast the bread until lightly browned or to your preference.
- Place all remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulverize with a couple of pulses until desired texture (I like to have it on the chunkier side).
- Slather the paste onto your choice of toast.
- Add a dash of balsamic or lemon juice and top it off with chia seeds.
Use fresh herbs if you have them handy! It’ll completely change the flavor profile.
It’s time to munch!
An original recipe by me.