Ground Zero – Run for Humanity; not your average themed run!
Held in observance of World Humanitarian Day, Ground Zero – Run for Humanity 2016 celebrates the indomitable human spirit of disaster survivors as we stand in solidarity with those who’ve inspired humanitarian work globally.
On 14th August 2016, participants will take up the ultimate challenge of a disaster survivor’s journey in Singapore’s one and only humanitarian-themed run.
- The 5km Relief Aid Challenge, portrays a survivor’s experience to obtain urgent supplies on disaster-struck ground. Runners have to complete 5km while carrying a 5-7kg relief pack. (Tag teams of 2 are allowed and teamwork is vital!)
- Drawing inspiration from the time-sensitive rush for safety during crisis, the 10km Race Against Time calls for participants to complete 10km within a crucial time limit (80 minutes). Option to carry relief pack for added challenge!
- The new 500m Dash For Humanity this year will see young children and their families team up to race while carrying a 1kg relief pack.
- This year, to simulate the disaster-torn ground conditions that survivors endure, runners will course through gruelling stretches of pathways and sand.
All relief packs at the event will be donated to families in need in Singapore. Sign up or read more at www.groundzerorun.com. Proceeds go to Mercy Relief.
Who is Mercy Relief?
- Singapore’s leading independent disaster relief agency that is committed to providing timely and effective aid when disaster strikes.
- Mercy Relief also implements longer-term sustainable development projects focusing on uplifting and empowering vulnerable communities in Asia.
Article written in collaboration with Mercy Relief Singapore.
GuavaPass is helping to run post-race series to help raise awareness and funds for Mercy Relief.
Stråla Yoga – Post-Race Charity Yoga (Energize)
When: Tuesday, August 16 at 6:30PM
Where: GuavaLabs at The Mandarin Gallery, Orchard
Sign up via GuavaPass under GuavaLabs.