While we all might think we’ve outgrown the sport, gymnastics is beginning to gain more and more popularity amongst adults. I’m not sure about you but after watching Under Armour’s commercial featuring the USA’s women’s gymnastics team, I definitely gained a higher respect for the sport.
Since I’m over the age of 10, I thought there’s no way I could try any form of gymnastics again, especially because the wedgies from wearing a leotard were every inch of uncomfortable.
However, I ended up trying the Adult Gymnastics Class at KGA (Karpenko Gymnastics Academy) and found that all my notions were thrown out the window – and no leotard was required.
I was definitely scared on how the class would go, but after my session with Victoria, I would recommend it without a doubt!
Here’s 5 reasons why you should give KGA’s adult gymnastics classes a try:
- It’s a lot more than just standing around and stretching. If you are into yoga / pilates and want a little cardio thrown in then this is the class for you.
- Your legs and core will be worked hard, and you aren’t expected to do splits!
- The trainer Victoria is awesome. As a coach for the Russian women’s team and a gymnast since she was 3, she knows her stuff!
- The last 5-10 minutes of class are a fun and relaxing cool down
- You don’t need to wear a leotard – leggings and a t-shirt is perfect.