- 4 portobello mushrooms
- ½ cup of sun dried tomatoes (hydrated in water or oil)
- ½ cup of black rice
- ¼ cup of sweetcorn
- a handful of basil
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the black rice on the hob until al dente (this took me about 20 minutes).
- Remove the stalks of the mushrooms, being careful not to perforate the skin. Save the stalks.
- Coat the mushrooms with olive oil, and set aside.
- To make the stuffing, finely chop the stalks, sun dried tomatoes and basil, and mix in a bowl.
- Add the black rice and sweetcorn, season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the mushroom cups, and bake for 15 minutes on a wire rack for 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Line the bottom of the oven with a tray or foil as the juices from the mushrooms will drip.
Mari Jasmine is a TV presenter with a passion for food, health and the outdoors. When she’s not taping you’ll find her at a cafe, sipping on a brewed coffee, writing for her blog marijasmine.com. She loves to create healthy meals with lots of fresh colourful produce!