When you’re in the heat of the sweat it’s sometimes hard to remember that one of the most important things about working out is to have control over how you breathe.
Many put breathing as an afterthought to the motions and activity they’re doing, but in fact, what will help people get through a workout most – especially one’s which really pushes you – is to stay conscious of how much oxygen you’re inhaling and exhaling.
The reason is because your body needs oxygen and blood flow to keep the muscles working correctly.
Here are some tips to get you through your workout with more ease:
- The next time you’re doing a workout, especially high intensity workouts, stay conscious of your breath and how you’re breathing
- Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth
- Count the inhales and exhales
- Avoid huffing and puffing
- Take deep long breaths versus short quick breaths
- When you’re feeling out of breath, stand tall and resist the urge to bend over or sit down. Instead stand tall and lace your fingers behind your head; focus on opening up your chest.