If you don’t have a go to pasta dish, this one’s for you. It is the perfect combination of ease, simplicity, and great taste to help nourish you back to life.
What you’ll need:
- pasta of your choice – we recommend spaghetti or fettuccine
- half a lemon
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of anchovies
- 3 small fresh red chilies (or to your preference)
- pink salt
- grounded pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- bundle of parsley
- 1 pack of pancetta
How to make it:
- Cook the pancetta in a pan and allow to cook until crisp. Make sure not to throw away the oils.
- Once crips, place it on a napkin to let the oils drain.
- Once cooled, break the bacon into bits.
- Start a pot of boiling water and season it with salt generously
- Let it get to a boil and add in about 2 handfuls of pasta (enough for about 4 people). Cook to prefered firmness. We recommend al dente.
- Start to heat a pan low to medium heat.
- Use a food processor or finely chop the anchovies, garlic, and fresh red chilies.
- Once finely chopped, season the mixture with pink salt and grounded pepper.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Add the mixture into the pan with the leftover oils.
- Once the pasta is cooked to your preferred texture, drain the pasta and save a little bit of the boiling starch water.
- Add the starch water into the pan and throw in the drained pasta.
- Add in some of the fresh parsley and squeeze some lemon juice into the pan and continue to toss the pasta for a few minutes or until all the pasta is glistening in the juices.
- Place into a plate, throw in more fresh parsley, and enjoy!
If you are a vegetarian or don’t eat pork, you can either take out the pancetta and add olive oil to the chopped mixture or you can substitute the pork for another type of protein.