As the saying goes, you are what you eat. We are here to introduce you to your new you; a good-looking, versatile and nutritious salad, or what we call the Good Lookin’ Superfood Salad!
Good Lookin’ Superfood Salad
- ¼ pomegranate
- ½ apple
- ⅓ avocado
- 1 tbsp. hummus
- mixed greens of choice (we recommend arugula)
- chopped red peppers
- chopped cucumbers
- sprinkle of pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- a few Mary’s gone or crumbled gluten-free crackers on top
- squeeze of lemon juice
For the vegetarians, you can choose to enjoy this with ½ cup of chickpeas or a serving of organic tofu, or a combination of the two. For the non-vegetarian diners, feel free to add in what you like; whether it’s chicken, salmon, tuna, or a different kind of protein this salad can be tailored to your liking. Of course, adding proteins with a bit of color will be a nice addition to the presentation!
For the dressing, fork some avocados to your preferred texture. In this case, the smoother the better as this will be a thickener to the dressing. Once satisfied with your smashing, add a squeeze of lemon juice (don’t forget to hover your hand under to catch the seeds) and add your preferred amount of hummus. Season with salt and pepper until you’re happy with the taste.
- Pomegranate seeds contain high antioxidant, more than green tea, blueberries, and cranberries
- Studies show the seed helps sparks the body’s overall immunity, reduces blood pressure and lowers cholesterol
- Antioxidant is also known as nature’s natural remedy to keep you looking radiant.
- Arugula is known for its bitterness, which is believed to decrease a person’s appetite; therefore a natural way to want to consume less food, as it helps curbs cravings.
- This green leafy goodness will also add to your vitamin C and A count.
- Apples are packed with fibre, which is known to help keep you fuller for longer
- This fruit also improves your blood sugar levels and is packed with vitamins that will keep you energized.
- Avocados are loaded with plenty of nutrients and vitamins, such as vitamin E
- These massive nuggets are what most refer to as good natural fats, which also help revive the skin’s natural moisture and helps your skin to look beautiful.